Barcelona invite Chapecoense to play next year's Trofeo Gamper
The club issued a statement this morning to announce that they have sent the Brazilian club a formal invitation to take part in the 52nd edition of the summer tournament. Juventus-Barcelona live online: ICC 2017
LII Trofeo Gamper
FC Barcelona announced this morning that they have sent a formal invitation to Chapecoense to take part in next year's Trofeo Joan Gamper - their traditional, pre-season curtain raiser. The club explained that they want to pay tribute to the Brazilian club who lost nearly all of their playing staff and coaching staff in a tragic plane crash which claimed 71 lives last week.
In the press release, Barcelona add that they "would like to collaborate on the institutional and sporting reconstruction of the Club, and help to recover the competitive level that it had".
Chapecoense were posthumously crowned champions of the 2016 Copa Sudamericana - the final of which they were due to contest when the plane in which they were travelling to the final in, crashed close to Medellín.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds