Filipe Luis will miss Atletico Madrid's last two games of the calender years having quit training at Majadehonda on Wednesday. The tests that ensued confirmed a grade II muscle of the left hamstring, which results in his absence from Atletico's remaining two fixtures in 2016.
He would get through most of the session but in the final five minutes was forced off, and it was initially believed to be as a precaution. The 31-year-old did not play against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Tuesday night but did play the full 90 against Espanyol the weekend before.
Official club statement
The official club statement said: "Our player, who had to leave this Wednesdays’ training due to discomfort, underwent medical tests this Thursday in the Fremap Majadahonda Clinic. The Brazilian international will begin a physical therapy treatment with alternative training. He is pending evolution."
His injury means Lucas Hernandez will most likely retain his place at left-back, where the Frenchman has filled in for Diego Simeone, most recently against Bayern Munich.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win