Real Madrid striker Karim Benema was stopped by Spain's Civil Guard on Thursday night for illegally joining a motorway lane and ignoring the road markings (crossing a solid white line), according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo. Benzema accepted the €90 fine which did not include any penalty points.
This latest incident constitutes the fifth time Benzema has been stopped and fined in Spain.
2009: Pulled over for dangerous driving in Ibiza, incurring a €250 fine.
2013: Fined for driving 194kph in a lane on Madrid's M40 ring road with a speed limit of 100kph. The Frenchman was handed an €18,000 fine and an 8-month driving ban.
2015: Fined for driving a Rolls Royce without a licence near Madrid's airport.
2015: Fined for making an illegal manoeuvre near Madrid's Atocha station without a licence.
Benzema has also had two other car accidents, in Pozuelo (Madrid) and Réunion (France), but escaped unhurt in both.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online