Zidane: "These players make everything easier"
The Madrid coach also talked about Sergio Ramos's participation in the final: "Ramos is going to play from the start and I hope he can play the whole game without too many problems".
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane spoke ahead of Los Blancos' Club World Cup final against Japanese side Kashima (Sunday, 11:30 CET).
What do Madrid have to do to become champions?
This compeition is really important to us. We've come here to win the trophy and we have to play our football and do what we know best. It's going to be a difficult game, and Kashima will make life difficult. But we're ready. Against América we didn't start the game particularly well because of the trip over, but now we've acclimatised.
Did you think taking charge of Real Madrid would go so well?
My idea was to try. I wanted to create team spirit and win games... when you're the Real Madrid coach it's the only thing you can do. I'm really positive, even though it might not seem that way. I'm really positive in my life. With these players everything is easier.
How much do you need Ramos?
He's our captain. He's going to play from the start and I hope he can play the whole game without too many problems.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer