Zidane: "These players make everything easier"
The Madrid coach also talked about Sergio Ramos's participation in the final: "Ramos is going to play from the start and I hope he can play the whole game without too many problems".
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane spoke ahead of Los Blancos' Club World Cup final against Japanese side Kashima (Sunday, 11:30 CET).
What do Madrid have to do to become champions?
This compeition is really important to us. We've come here to win the trophy and we have to play our football and do what we know best. It's going to be a difficult game, and Kashima will make life difficult. But we're ready. Against América we didn't start the game particularly well because of the trip over, but now we've acclimatised.
Did you think taking charge of Real Madrid would go so well?
My idea was to try. I wanted to create team spirit and win games... when you're the Real Madrid coach it's the only thing you can do. I'm really positive, even though it might not seem that way. I'm really positive in my life. With these players everything is easier.
How much do you need Ramos?
He's our captain. He's going to play from the start and I hope he can play the whole game without too many problems.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics