Fight on the Tour of Costa Rica
The 52nd Tour of Costa Rica descended into violence during the race. During the fourth stage, the La Virgen de Sarapiqui, local cyclists Dylan Castillo and Gabriel Marín, who had clashed several times during the day ended up in a fully fledged fight.
Marín kicked out
The final incident occurred after Castillo brushed Marín and both cylists fell. Marín responded by kicking his rival several times. He was immediately disqualified and expelled from the Tour.
"Accept the consequences"
Marín was furious afterwards, saying that it was unfair that he'd been disqualified when it was Castillo who had knocked him off his bike. His team, Nestlé Giant, however accepted the decision: "Gabriel is one of our important riders, but he has to accept the consequences".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is known about the July payment?
- Coronavirus California shuts down for the second time as Covid-19 cases keep increasing
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today