Fight on the Tour of Costa Rica
The 52nd Tour of Costa Rica descended into violence during the race. During the fourth stage, the La Virgen de Sarapiqui, local cyclists Dylan Castillo and Gabriel Marín, who had clashed several times during the day ended up in a fully fledged fight.
Marín kicked out
The final incident occurred after Castillo brushed Marín and both cylists fell. Marín responded by kicking his rival several times. He was immediately disqualified and expelled from the Tour.
"Accept the consequences"
Marín was furious afterwards, saying that it was unfair that he'd been disqualified when it was Castillo who had knocked him off his bike. His team, Nestlé Giant, however accepted the decision: "Gabriel is one of our important riders, but he has to accept the consequences".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid