Fight on the Tour of Costa Rica
The 52nd Tour of Costa Rica descended into violence during the race. During the fourth stage, the La Virgen de Sarapiqui, local cyclists Dylan Castillo and Gabriel Marín, who had clashed several times during the day ended up in a fully fledged fight.
Marín kicked out
The final incident occurred after Castillo brushed Marín and both cylists fell. Marín responded by kicking his rival several times. He was immediately disqualified and expelled from the Tour.
"Accept the consequences"
Marín was furious afterwards, saying that it was unfair that he'd been disqualified when it was Castillo who had knocked him off his bike. His team, Nestlé Giant, however accepted the decision: "Gabriel is one of our important riders, but he has to accept the consequences".
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22