Fight on the Tour of Costa Rica
The 52nd Tour of Costa Rica descended into violence during the race. During the fourth stage, the La Virgen de Sarapiqui, local cyclists Dylan Castillo and Gabriel Marín, who had clashed several times during the day ended up in a fully fledged fight.
Marín kicked out
The final incident occurred after Castillo brushed Marín and both cylists fell. Marín responded by kicking his rival several times. He was immediately disqualified and expelled from the Tour.
"Accept the consequences"
Marín was furious afterwards, saying that it was unfair that he'd been disqualified when it was Castillo who had knocked him off his bike. His team, Nestlé Giant, however accepted the decision: "Gabriel is one of our important riders, but he has to accept the consequences".
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX FMF could disaffiliate Cruz Azul due to the Treasury investigation
- CORONAVIRUS USA New York state reopening: which regions are passing to phase 2?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS New York state reopening: Gov Cuomo explains when and how
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus What to do if your stimulus check was sent to the wrong address?