Mario Balotelli, Europe's third most effective goal scorer
The Italian averages a goal every 77 minutes - statistics only bettered by Falcao (67) and Cavani (73). Super Mario is more efficient than Messi, Cristiano and Aubameyang.
Mario Balotelli brings 2016 to a close with the third best strike rate in Europe. At Nice, he is showing the kind of efficiency he struggled to produce at AC Milan, Manchester City and Liverpool.
Hi goals have helped to jettison Nice to the top of the Ligue 1 table, four points clear of Monaco. And 'Super Mario' if the third most effective striker in all of Europe's major leagues. The Italian averages a goal every 77 minutes - statistics only bettered by Radamel Falcao (67) and Edinson Cavani (73).
Messi and Cristiano, low averages
In contrast, Leo Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kun Agüero pale into comparison. The Barça ace is fifth in the Top 10, promising a goal every 85 minutes. Cristiano Ronaldo has been bulding the back of the net every 94 minutes and Kun Agüero, comes in tenth with a goal for City every 101 minutes.
Europe's 10 most effective goal scorers:
|1. Falcao||AS Monaco||10||673||67 min.|
|2. Cavani||PSG||17||1247||73 min.|
|3. Balotelli||Nice||8||615||77 min.|
|4. Aubameyang||Borussia Dortmund||16||1255||78 min.|
|5. Messi||FC Barcelona||12||1024||85 min.|
|6. Mertens||Napoli||10||915||92 min.|
|7. Cristiano Ronaldo||Real Madrid||10||941||94 min.|
|8. Luis Suárez||FC Barcelona||12||1181||98 min.|
|9. Petersen||Friburg||5||492||98 min.|
|10. Agüero||Man. City||10||1010||101 min.|
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?