Aritz Aduriz: Athletic Club striker signs new contract
Spain international Aduriz, who was out of contract at the end of the season, has penned renewed terms with the LaLiga club.
Athletic Club striker Aritz Aduriz has signed a new deal tying him to the Basque outfit until June 2018, it has been confirmed.
Deal was due to expire in June
35-year-old Aduriz, whose extended terms include a 40-million-euro release clause, was out of contract with Athletic in summer 2017.
The LaLiga side were therefore keen to secure the Spain international's future before January, when he would have been free to speak to other clubs.
133 goals for Athletic
Currently on 12 goals in 20 appearances this season, Aduriz has netted 133 times overall for Athletic in three spells at San Mamés.
He presently sits joint-ninth on the list of Athletic's all-time leading marksmen, level with José Luis Artetxe.
History-maker with Spain
Aduriz, who has two goals in 11 Spain caps, became La Roja's oldest ever goalscorer in November's World Cup qualifying win over Macedonia.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers