Aritz Aduriz: Athletic Club striker signs new contract
Spain international Aduriz, who was out of contract at the end of the season, has penned renewed terms with the LaLiga club.
Athletic Club striker Aritz Aduriz has signed a new deal tying him to the Basque outfit until June 2018, it has been confirmed.
Deal was due to expire in June
35-year-old Aduriz, whose extended terms include a 40-million-euro release clause, was out of contract with Athletic in summer 2017.
The LaLiga side were therefore keen to secure the Spain international's future before January, when he would have been free to speak to other clubs.
133 goals for Athletic
Currently on 12 goals in 20 appearances this season, Aduriz has netted 133 times overall for Athletic in three spells at San Mamés.
He presently sits joint-ninth on the list of Athletic's all-time leading marksmen, level with José Luis Artetxe.
History-maker with Spain
Aduriz, who has two goals in 11 Spain caps, became La Roja's oldest ever goalscorer in November's World Cup qualifying win over Macedonia.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?