Four Real Madrid players, three from Barcelona and one Atletico representative feature in the best team in 2016, made public today by UEFA. In total, 7,146,715 votes cast by internet users, in which 24% of them confessed to being Real Madrid supporters, and 16% of them Barcelona fans. The list includes three Spanish internationals including Sergio Ramos, Gerard Piqué and Andres Iniesta.
The XI players on the team are: Buffon (Juventus); Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Piqué (Barcelona), Bonucci (Juventus), Boateng (Bayern); Iniesta (Barcelona), Kroos (Real Madrid), Modric (Real Madrid); Messi (Barcelona), Griezmann (Atlético) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid).
Ramos is the player with the most votes (488,908 in total) and also the most popular as he appeared in 75% of the proposed teams by the voters. Ronaldo was voted for more times than Messi by a very narrow margin. 450,226 for the Portuguese attacker and 418,449 for the Argentine. Antoine Griezmann was the least voted for player in the XI.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?