Koke breaks Atletico Madrid record on birthday weekend
The centre-midfielder on Saturday became the youngest ever player in the club's history to make 200 league appearances, a day before he turned 25.
Koke became the youngest ever player in the history of Atletico Madrid to make 200 league appearances for the club on Saturday – the day before his 25h birthday.
The Spanish midfielder reached the milestone in the 2-0 win over Eibar at the Vicente Calderón. Over his 200 LaLiga games, Koke has scored 21 goals and provided 61 assists.
There was another reason to celebrate this week too. After scoring in the Copa del Rey at Las Palmas, Koke joined the exclusive group of Atletico Madrid players to have netted for the club in LaLiga, the Copa, and the Champions League.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22