Betis set to miss out on prime target Alen Halilovic
There is no money to meet the Croatian's wage demands and the player's advisors prefer other destinations.
Limited playing time
Betis have set their hearts on landing Alen Halilovic on a six-month loan during the January window but they will have a task on their hands to coax the Hamburger player to agree to a move to Heliópolis. Betis have sent several officials to Germany to try to convince the 20-year-old that the best place for him to grow as a player is at the Villamarín where he will be given the minutes he has been denied in the Bundesliga. Halilovic has racked up just 137 minutes of playing time in the league in six outings and a brief 27-minute cameo appearance in the German Cup.
Coach Víctor Sánchez is looking for a player with his characteristics to strengthen the midfield but Betis face competition from a host of clubs who are all just as eager to sign the player. Added to that, Betis don't have the funds to meet Halilovic's wage demands. He has been offered to numerous clubs in LaLiga, the Bundesliga and in Serie A, to Roma, who are about to complete the loan of ex-Betis player Charly Musonda.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?