Fernando Torres and Koke recreate photo 15 years on
Madrid brewers Mahou reunited all of the people who appeared in an iconic photograph of Atlético's youth academy players in 2002 - which included a nine-year-old Koke.
Class of 2002
Madrid brewers Mahou have recreated the myhtical photograph of Koke and Fernando Torres which was taken 15 years ago. When the shot was taken back in 2002, Koke was a nine-year-old who had only just joined Atlético's youth team programme. The image shows him together with his team mates and a 17-year-old Fernando Torres who was just begining to break into the first team.
The five players were reunited yesterday to star in a new video which Mahou will air in the coming weeks. The evocative image of Koke as a boy with his idol has become a symbol for Atlético fans of the importance of their youth academy. Just a few days after it was taken, Koke received a copy which he framed and had on his bedroom wall at his parents' house in Vallecas. Years later, the two would become team mates. In the next few days Mahou will release details of the emotional reunion.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 12 de enero de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"