Real Madrid lose out on Alexander Isak: Swedish striker signs for Borussia Dortmund
The 17-year old signed for the German club from AIK Solna on Monday morning in an undisclosed deal, leaving Real Madrid beaten in the race for his coveted signature.
Real Madrid have lost out to Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign young Swedish striker, Alexander Isak.
The German club officially announced the signing of the 17-year old from AIK Solna on Monday morning after talks with the player over the weekend proved successful.
"We are delighted that he has chosen Borussia Dortmund," Dortmund’s sporting director, Michael Zorc, told the club's website.
The club did not reveal the terms of transfer, although according to German media, Isak has signed until 2022 for a fee of €9 million. Borussia also confirmed that, with Isak still qualifying as a minor, the transfer is pending special approval from FIFA.
Real Madrid had been leading the race to sign Isak until recently, however, it is believed that Los Blancos inability to register the player until the summer due to their FIFA-imposed transfer man ultimately counted against the club, with Isak choosing Dortmund instead.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"