Fernando Alonso named Spain's wealthiest sportsman, Nadal 2nd
The F1 driver is ranked 197th overall on Spain's 2017 Rich List published by El Mundo, marginally beating the tennis star, who places at 198th.Germany v Spain U21 live
Formula 1 driver Fernando Alonso was revealed as the wealthiest Spanish sportsman on Wednesday in Spain’s 2017 Rich List published by newspaper El Mundo.
Tennis star Rafa Nadal – who lost to Roger Federer in Sunday’s Australian Open final – was the only other Spanish sportsman to make the list of the country’s 200 most well-off people.
Surprisingly enough, both Alonso and Nadal only just scraped onto the list, placed at 197 and 198 respectively.
Two-time F1 champion and current Mclaren Honda driver has amassed a fortune of approximately €200m, a fraction more than 14-time grand slam winner Nadal, whose riches are also approximated at the €200m mark.
The bank accounts of both however are dwarfed by that of Spain’s most moneyed man, founder of fashion group Inditex, Amancio Ortega, who has an estimated net worth of €67.7 billion, making him the 2nd wealthiest man on earth.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game