Atlético Madrid defender Lucas Hernández was arrested at his home in the early hours of Friday morning on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend, the Spanish Civil Guard confirmed to AS.
Police awaiting medical report
The alleged incident took place at around 2am when police officers were called to the player’s residence. Hernández did not resist arrest and his girlfriend was taken to hospital where she is receiving treatment. Investigating officers are awaiting reports from medical staff to determine the extent of her injuries.
Spanish daily El Mundo reported that Hernández was in a state of inebriation when he was detained. It is anticipated that the player will appear before a magistrate on Friday under charges of domestic violence.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'