ALAVÉS | FERNÁNDEZ DE TROCONIS
Alavés "open to the idea" of playing Copa final at Camp Nou
Alavés president Alfonso Fernández de Trocóniz, says that ideally, the Copa de Rey final should be played at a neutral ground, "San Mamés would be perfect". Alavés-Barcelona live
Bilbao, the perfect venue
Deportivo Alavés president Alfonso Fernández de Trocóniz declared today that Athletic Club's San Mamés would be the ideal venue for May's Copa del Rey final against Barcelona but added that he is open to the idea of playing the game at Camp Nou.
Fernández de Trocóniz told RAC1 that "Madrid would also be good as it is actually closer to Vitoria than Barcelona", but added that Camp Nou had an advantage over the Vicente Calderón because of it's larger capacity.
The president, who expects at least 16,000 travelling supporters will attend the final on 27th May, echoed the words of Josean Querejeta that for Alavés, the perfect stage for such an historic date would be San Mamés simply for the ease of making the journey from Vitoria to Bilbao. "It's a magnificent stadium with great capacity and for us, we consider San Mamés to be an ideal option".
Following the declarations from directors of both clubs, four possible venues are on the table: the Vicente Calderón, the Santiago Bernabéu, San Mamés and Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash