In an ideal world, May's Copa del Rey final would be staged in Bilbao, at San Mamés, says Deportivo Alavés president Alfonso Fernández de Trocóniz but while the grass is green and the girls are certainly very pretty in the Vizcaya region, the stadium won't be able to host it's first Cup final this year. Hard rock outfit Guns N' Roses will be playing at San Mamés - one of two dates in Spain on their world tour, on 30 May.
Not in this lifetime
Last Tour General Director Alfonso Santiago explained to Cadena SER why Athletic Club's ground has been dropped from the list of candidates:"It's impossible for the final to be held at San Mamés. Concerts on such a grand scale like this require at least six or seven days to assemble the stage. Giving oursleves just two days of margin isn't enough - we would need four days to disassemble everything".
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?