Nadal coach announces split
The Spaniard's coach and uncle Toni Nadal has said he will no longer accompany the tennis great on tour, complaining that he is being shut out of decision-making.
Rafael Nadal's coach and uncle Toni Nadal has said he will no longer accompany the tennis great on tour, complaining that he is being shut out of decision-making.
A different role
"From next year I will no longer follow Rafael on the circuit and I will focus exclusively on our (tennis) academy," he was quoted as saying on the Italian website tennisitaliano.it. "Relations with my nephew are still excellent. During all these years, we have never been through a crisis," he said.
'Until he was 17 years old, it was me who decided everything. Then Carlos Costa arrived as manager. Then his father became closer, with each having his own opinions. And the truth is that every year I had less decision-making, until the day when I will decide on nothing.'
Spain's Carlos Moya joined the Nadal coaching team at the end of last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?