Barcelona are understood to be out to take Eibar's Ander Capa on loan to cover the absence of right-back Aleix Vidal, who suffered a serious injury on Saturday.
Vidal out long-term with ankle injury
Vidal is set for five months on the sidelines after dislocating his ankle in the closing stages of Barça's 6-0 LaLiga victory away to Deportivo Alavés.
Due to the length of his expected period out, regulations allow Barça to bring in a replacement if it is a player based in the Spanish top flight or who is out of contract.
Barcelona approach rebuffed
And the club are thought to have made contact with Eibar over a move for the 25-year-old youth product - with the Basques turning down their initial approach.
Capa, who has made 17 LaLiga appearances for José Luis Mendilibar's side this term, has also been a target for Premier League teams in recent months.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?