Barcelona are understood to be out to take Eibar's Ander Capa on loan to cover the absence of right-back Aleix Vidal, who suffered a serious injury on Saturday.
Vidal out long-term with ankle injury
Vidal is set for five months on the sidelines after dislocating his ankle in the closing stages of Barça's 6-0 LaLiga victory away to Deportivo Alavés.
Due to the length of his expected period out, regulations allow Barça to bring in a replacement if it is a player based in the Spanish top flight or who is out of contract.
Barcelona approach rebuffed
And the club are thought to have made contact with Eibar over a move for the 25-year-old youth product - with the Basques turning down their initial approach.
Capa, who has made 17 LaLiga appearances for José Luis Mendilibar's side this term, has also been a target for Premier League teams in recent months.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades