Ander Capa will only leave Eibar if Barcelona pay his buy-out
Even so, Barça would pay a sum less than the 10 million euro buy-out clause because the player owns a percentage of his own economic rights.
- Follow the coverage match Barcelona-Leganés live
No loan deal
Eibar right-back Ander Capa will only leave the club this month if Barcelona pay the player's buy-out fee in full. There is zero chance of him joining the Catalans on loan.
Sources close to the Basque club onfirmed to EFE they they are not willing to negotiate for the full-back. Barcelona however would not pay the full 10 million euros for Capa should they decide to bring him on board as a replacement for long-term casualty Aleix Vidal, as the player owns a percentage of his own economic rights.
12 years at the club
Capa, who is under contract until 2018, doesn't want to antagonize anyone and insists that he will only leave if both clubs reach an agreement. The 25-year-old is the Armeros' second captain, came through the ranks as a teenager and is one of a handful of players who has represented Eibar in three different categories - Second Division B, Liga 1|2|3 and LaLiga.
While the winter transfer window closed on 31 January, top flight sides are allowed to sign outside of the window if one of the players suffers a long-term injury - five months or longer, which is the case with Aleix Vidal. The regulations state that in such a scenario, a club can only sign from clubs in the top two divisions, or who are out of contract.
Eibar, who are debt-free and just one point off the European places, have no reason to offload players. They also refused to negotiate with Fulham who were willing to pay Sergi Enrich's 10 million euro retention fee last month. The operation collapsed when Eibar said they wanted the fee in full, and not in a four-installment payment plan, as Fulham had proposed.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats