Luis Suárez was special guest today as the XII edition of charity book event Llibre Solidari was brought to a close in Barcelona - this year's festival was focused on raising funds to battle the PKU illness with 54,710 euros going to the cause. The striker also took a few moments to attend the media.
PKU: "It makes me feel good to be able to help people understand what this illness is all about. We want to collaborate in any way we can. We shouldn't forget about this disorder and we need to find the best ways to bring in money to help those most in need. We know that Barça's image is known all over the world and we can help. There are many Foundations which need help. In Uruguay, I am also an ambassador in the battle against cancer in children. I'm a father with two children and I put myself in the place of those dads who have been affected and it changes your whole life".
Win as one, lose as one
Mood in the Barça camp: "It really hurts losing like that. It is going to be very complicated but this team has the capability to turn the situation around. No one is to blame - we win together and we lose together. We know that we didn't play a good game, and all we want now is the chance to put that right. A lot of what comes out in the newspapers isn't true. We have to accept the fact that our opponents were better than us. We'll go through ups and downs over the season and we have to find a balance, knowing that our rivals also play to win".
All of us suffered
"We haven't lost faith in the coach. We all suffer in the same way - the players, the coaching staff, the assistants... and we all have to pull together to take this forward. We need to be united and pay no attention to what is said on the outside. We have enough quality and a team which is capable of turning the tie around".
Luis Enrique in the firing line: "We should take waht others say with a pinch of salt. What we do need to do is improve - even when we win. Now the coach is being attacked and several players but we have to ignore that. The coach is old enough to know what to do. We've been with him for three years and we are happy with him".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer