Atlético de Madrid coach Diego Simeone explained how his side managed to turn the table on Sporting after going a goal down at El Molinón this afternoon: "The changes we made in the second half were decisive because they gave us more balance in the centre of the park and after that, it was Gameiro's pace which decided it".
He told reporters after the 1-4 win: "We didn't expect anything different to what we encountered today - we have always struggled to win at this ground. Tody's game was no exception - Sporting looked strong, were well ordered and worked hard.
"In the first half, Correa y Griezmann had clear chances but we improved in the final 15 minutes after we had made the changes in midfield", Simeone continued. "I'm really happy for Gameiro because it's not easy to put three goals past a team like Sporting and also they were very important for the team. I am also pleased that we are reacting whenever we go a goal down".
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots