Özil reveals heated argument with Mourinho over his effort
In the forthcoming biography by Özil, he explains how the light went off for him when Jose Mourinho had a go at him in the Real Madrid dressing room about his lack of effort when tackling.
In his autobiography, Mesut Özil reveals one particular war of words between himself and Jose Mourinho as Bild release excerpts from the forthcoming book.
The former Real Madrid manager did not like Özil's approach and effort and the German explains that after one heated exchange, Mourinho told him, "Do you know what? You're a child. Go and have a shower, we don't need you."
"You think two lovely passes are enough. You're too delicate in the tackle. You think you're that good that 50% is sufficient," Mourinho continued.
Özil's tackling technique did not suit Mou
Özil asked Mourinho what he wanted from him and the manager responded with a very harsh reality: "I want you to play as well as you can. I want you to go into tackles like a man. You know how you go into 50/50 tackles? No? I'll show you!" at which point, the current Manchester United manager stood on his tiptoes, arms by his side and started to jump lightly around the dressing room.
Özil says it did help him to adjust his style and that Mourinho was right, speaking highly about the Portuguese manager in the book.
Follow the match LaLiga 2016/2017 date 26 : Eibar – Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?