Hristo Stoichkov has backed Jorge Sampaoli to take over from Barcelona boss Luis Enrique, who has said he'll leave the Camp Nou this summer.
Sevilla coach in frame to replace Luis Enrique
The ex-Chile coach, who led La Roja to glory at the 2015 Copa América, is being heavily linked with the post having had an impressive first year at Sevilla.
And Bulgaria great Stoichkov, who had two spells as a player at Los Azulgranas during the 1990s, is in no doubt the Argentinian is the right man for the job.
"If it were down to me, I'd appoint Sampaoli"
"If the decision were mine, I'd want Sampaoli to be Barcelona coach," Stoichkov said in quotes published in the newspaper Diario Olé.
"What he did with Chile isn't easy, and winning the Copa América the way he did is fantastic. If it were down to me, I'd appoint him for his winning mentality.
"At the same time, though, it's a decision that has to be thought through carefully."
Follow the match LaLiga 2016/2017 date 26 : Barcelona –Celta.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"