Worldwide Eibar support growing
Just a few years ago you could have counted the number of Eiber supporter fan clubs on one hand, but that has changed with the upturn in the team's fortunes on the pitch. Now there are at least 33 official "peñas": 19 in Spain and 14 in countries around the world.
The places embracing the Basque club's success include the United States of America and Mexico as well as Australia, China, Poland, England and Israel, to name just some.
Cheering on Los Aremeros in Ipurua
Some of those watching on distant screens have hopes of getting to Ipurua to see their heroes in action in front of them, some of them managing to do so. This is the case for John Sager, who presides over the Peña EibarUSA, and the game against Real Madrid will be his third time seeing them in person. He travelled with 14 others from the group who, prior to joining the club, did not know each other.
"There are 65 of us in total around the USA. When Eibar were in Philadelphia last year we met up, organised events and got to know the players.
Building a following
Sagar was hopeful that they could add more numbers to the Eibar supporters in the States and thanks to sufficient television coverage, and games not being on at ungodly times, they can continue to meet to watch and support together.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7