Roger Schmidt: Bayer Leverkusen sack coach
Bayer Leverkusen, Atlético Madrid's Champions League opponents, have fired their head coach after a 6-2 thumping by Borussia Dortmund.
Bayer Leverkusen have sacked head coach Roger Schmidt following a 6-2 Bundesliga thrashing at the hands of Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.
The heavy defeat left Leverkusen, who have lost five out of their last seven matches in all competitions, down in ninth in the German top flight.
Leverkusen CEO: "We have a lot to thank Schmidt for"
"We have reached this painful yet unavoidable decision in the best interests of Bayer 04," said Leverkusen CEO Michael Schade.
"It was very difficult for me to take this step as we have a lot to thank Roger Schmidt for," Schade added.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2