Roger Schmidt: Bayer Leverkusen sack coach
Bayer Leverkusen, Atlético Madrid's Champions League opponents, have fired their head coach after a 6-2 thumping by Borussia Dortmund.
Bayer Leverkusen have sacked head coach Roger Schmidt following a 6-2 Bundesliga thrashing at the hands of Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.
The heavy defeat left Leverkusen, who have lost five out of their last seven matches in all competitions, down in ninth in the German top flight.
Leverkusen CEO: "We have a lot to thank Schmidt for"
"We have reached this painful yet unavoidable decision in the best interests of Bayer 04," said Leverkusen CEO Michael Schade.
"It was very difficult for me to take this step as we have a lot to thank Roger Schmidt for," Schade added.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?