Sergio Ramos, fresh from scoring against Napoli in the Champions League in midweek, was once again on the scoresheet for Real Madrid tonight, as Zidane's men came back from 0-1 down to record a win that took them back to the top of LaLiga, as Barcelona slipped up against Deportivo.
Real Madrid level with Real Betis
Betis had opened the scoring after a Navas howler (this just after the referee didn't send the keeper off despite a foul as the last man), but Ronaldo levelled to make it 1-1 at half-time. But as the second half slipped away it looked like Zidane's men were going to be held by the visiting Andalusians, even when Piccini was sent for a second yellow.
Ramos scores equaliser against Betis
But Ramos had other ideas, and as a corner came in he lost his marker and powered into the box to plant the header beyond Adán and send the Bernabéu fans wild.
Ramos, on 69 goals overall, has now overtaken Roberto Carlos (68) on the list of all-time highest scoring Real Madrid defenders.
Reina on Ramos
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers