Wenger laughs off Bellerin to Barcelona rumours
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is adamant Hector Bellerin will not leave the club for Barcelona any time soon.
Arsene Wenger has once again brushed off suggestions that Hector Bellerin could leave Arsenal for Barcelona at the end of the season.
The Catalans have long been linked with a move for the right-back - who signed a contract renewal until 2023 in November - and recent reports suggested they are ready to table a formal offer for the 21-year-old.
Bellerin himself has also commented this term that he is not interested in a return to Catalonia and Wenger says he cannot see how a deal could go through.
Hard to take seriously
"Barcelona's alleged interest in Bellerin is very hard to take seriously," Wenger said at a news conference.
"He has just signed a new contract and still has many years left on his contract."
The Arsenal boss also addressed rumours that his right-hand man Boro Primorac is ready to walk away from Emirates Stadium.
"That is a complete invention," Wenger insisted.
"People just take information without checking it these days. Fake news."
Follow Barcelona vs Valencia coverage | LaLiga Santander
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In