Moyá: Atletico Madrid keeper signs new one-year contract
Atlético Madrid have announced that goalkeeper Miguel Ángel Moyá has agreed renewed terms to continue at the LaLiga club next season.
Goalkeeper Miguel Ángel Moyá is to remain an Atlético Madrid player next season after signing a one-year extension to his deal at the LaLiga club.
Following several months of talks, Atlético confirmed on Wednesday that Moyá, who was out of contract in June, is to stay at the outfit for a fourth year.
Moyá deputised well for Oblak earlier in 2016/17
Since joining from Getafe in 2014, he has made 60 Atleti appearances in all competitions, winning the Spanish Super Cup in his first term at Los Rojiblancos.
The 32-year-old is understudy to regular keeper Jan Oblak, filling in ably for the Slovenian during his extended period out with a shoulder injury earlier this season.
And Moyá's good performances in Oblak's absence - conceding 17 goals in 18 games - have helped bring contract negotiations to a positive conclusion.
Torres, Tiago still out of contract in the summer
Moyá's 12-month deal, which is line with the club's policy for players aged 32 and over, leaves Fernando Torres and Tiago Mendes as the only members of Diego Simeone's squad whose contracts are due to expire at the end of 2016/17.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?