Valencia: Marcelino the choice for head coach in AS.com poll
The ex-Villarreal boss has edged out Quique Setién in a survey asking readers who they'd pick for the Mestalla dugout ahead of next season.
Marcelino García Toral is the fans' favourite to be handed the coach's job at Valencia ahead of next season, according to a survey conducted by AS.com.
Over 10,000 readers took part in the poll, in which they were asked to choose from the list of five candidates that Los Che are thought to be considering.
Marcelino, Setién lead fans' vote
They are Marcelino, current incumbent Salvador González 'Voro', Las Palmas coach Quique Setién, ex-Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka and Valencia B's Curro Torres.
Participants in the survey were also given the chance to select 'none of the above'. However, this option accrued the fewest votes, suggesting that supporters are persuaded of the merits of the quintet in the frame.
AS.com poll: readers' choice for Valencia coach
1. Marcelino García Toral: 3,062 votes (30.19%)
2. Quique Setién: 2,814 votes (27.75%)
3. Aitor Karanka: 1,934 votes (19.07%)
4. Salvador González 'Voro': 1,396 (13.76%)
5. Curro Torres: 491 votes (13.76%)
6. None of the above/other: 445 votes (4.39%)
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 23 de marzo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics