Last weekend, Borussia Dortmund faced Schalke 04 in the Ruhr Derby and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang did what he does when he scored to put BVB 1-0 up in the second half.
He celebrated by whipping out a mask with the Nike logo on it and putting it over his head and for that, he has been reportedly fined €100,000 with other reports suggesting it was closer to €50,000.
The CEO of Borussia Dortmund, Hans-Joachim Watzke said it "was silly and this time it will be more expensive" before saying that the club have had a chat with the striker who has been linked with a move away now for quite some time.
The club are sponsored by PUMA and have their kits made by Nike's rival, which PUMA are said to be not happy about.
The mask is part of a Nike promotion named "The Masked Finisher" and it is the second time Aubameyang has donned the Nike sign recently after he arrived onto the field with a red logo of the sports company died into his hair.
Aubameyang replied to DW Sports' tweet about the fee of €100,000 with his own figure, although it would be hard to believe that he was in fact fined €100 million.
*Update 6 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August