Jack Wilshere ruled out for the season with broken leg
The Bournemouth midfielder, on loan from Arsenal, broke his leg in a collision with Tottenham's Harry Kane. His future at The Emirates is uncertain.
Bournemouth midfielder Jack Wilshere will miss the rest of the Premier League season after suffering a fractured leg.
Wilshere, on a season-long loan from Arsenal, sustained the injury during Bournemouth's 4-0 defeat at Tottenham on Saturday and scans have shown a hairline fracture of his left fibula.
Wilshere's Arsenal future in question
The 25-year-old has been ruled out of Bournemouth's last five league fixtures after the latest in a long line of fitness problems for the injury-plagued England international.
Wilshere made his surprise move to Bournemouth last year to get more playing time and prove his fitness to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. Yet, with his spell at Dean Court now over, it remains to be seen whether Wilshere has a future at Arsenal, where he has one more season on his contract.
He started 22 league games for Bournemouth before the fracture, which occurred in a challenge with Tottenham striker Harry Kane.
Howe full of praise
"It is a big blow to lose Jack. We have loved working with him since he arrived at the club last August," Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe told the team's website.
"He has made a huge contribution to our season, both on and off the pitch.
"We wish him a quick recovery and thank him for his effort and professionalism while he was with us."
Howe's comments do not infer that Bournemouth will seek to extend Wilshere's stay on the south coast beyond this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan