Injured Juanfran set to miss first leg of Champions League semis
Atlético have confirmed that the Spaniard suffered a thigh injury at Leicester, while Filipe Luis has broken a bone in his hand but can play on.
Juanfran Torres is set to miss around three weeks after Atlético Madrid confirmed that the right-back suffered a thigh injury against Leicester City on Tuesday.
Forced off in Leicester Champions League return
Juanfran had to be replaced in the 55th minute of the Champions League quarter-final second leg, which saw Atlético complete a 2-1 aggregate victory.
After tests on the 32-year-old on Wednesday, Los Rojiblancos said he has "a grade II muscle injury with an associated bruise in the quadriceps of the right thigh".
He is expected to sit out the upcoming LaLiga clashes with Espanyol, Villarreal and Las Palmas, and the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals (to be played on 2/3 May).
Juanfran joins fellow right-back Sime Vrsaljko on the Atleti sidelines, with the Croat currently closing in on his return from knee ligament damage.
Filipe Luis OK to play on despite hand break
Meanwhile, the club have confirmed that Filipe Luis, who was also taken off injured at Leicester, has "a fracture of the IV metacarpal bone of the right hand".
However, the Brazilian left-back will be able to continue training and playing with a protective splint on his hand.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 19 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?