Antoine Griezmann scored the decisive goal to resolve an extremely tough game at Espanyol this evening which keeps Atlético on course for direct qualification for next season's Champions League. But the French forward was in no mood to discuss even more questions about his future when he was interview by beIN Sports in the Flash Zone after the game.
Griezmann storms out of post-match interview when quizzed on his future
Griezmann, who has underlined how happy he is at Atlético on several occasions in recent weeks, was clearly unhappy at being probed on the subject yet again, live on television, after a gruelling meeting in Cornellà.
Clearly exhausted, the forward cast his eyes down as the reporter badgered him about his future:
"You have said many times that you are happy here but you don’t know what will happen, do you stand by that or are you convinced that you will stay at Atlético?" asked the reporter.
"That's enough, ok?" replied Griezmann before terminating the interview by making his way back to the changing room.
Later Atlético's press department gave their opinion on the incident, arguing that beIN's reporter breached the rules of the pre-arranged flash interview in which players are supposed to be asked about the game only, which is why Griezmann walked off.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August