Anelka: "Mbappé must choose to be like Ronaldo or Anelka"
The ex-Madrid striker also openly criticised his former coach: "If he continues to follow 'O Fenómeno' he'll be a legend, but if he follows Domenech's career he'll just be like any other striker".
Nicolás Anelka spoke to L'Equipe about this year's biggest sensation Kylian Mbappé, comparing the Monaco striker to Ronaldo: "he reminds me of Ronaldo at the Olympics in 1996, and Mbappé is at the same level. He has all the characteristics of being a world-class player but he must manage them. He must choose to be like Ronaldo or Anelka," the former Madrid striker said.
The Frenchman expanded upon the comparision: "If he follows Ronaldo, O Fenómeno, my role model in football, he will be a legend and will make history om his sport. That is what I wish him," he said.
However, Anelka was also highly critical of his former national team coach: "He can also follow Raymond Domenech's career, and he will be just like any other striker. A small player from the French championship who has become a coach without winning any trophies and has then been unemployed since 2010. It is for Mbappe to choose," he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win