Atlético Madrid have agreed with UEFA to play in their black and yellow away kit in tonight's Champions League semi-final first leg at Real Madrid (20:45 CEST).
Atleti have worn their red-and-white home colours in each of the sides' European clashes in the last three years: the 2014 and 2016 finals, and the 2014/15 last eight.
Atlético to wear black out of superstition?
Having been knocked out by their city rivals in all three ties, there are suggestions that the step has been taken by Los Rojiblancos for reasons of superstition.
However, the decision is understood to be down to a desire on the part of Europe's governing body to avoid any possible clashes with Real's all-white home kit.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22