Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 400 goals for Real Madrid after bagging a hat-trick against Atletico Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday night. The Portuguese attacker is busy racking up milestones this season and the most recent fits nicely with his 100th goal in European competition that he landed against Bayern (another hat-trick).
He is the only player to score back-to-back hat-tricks in the Champions League elimination stage after scoring three against Bayern. With 103 goals in the Champions League, he has scored more than Atletico Madrid as an entire football club.
Another game, another record
There is no player who has scored more goals in the semi-finals of the Champions League with 13. Alfredo di Stefano was the previous owner of that record with 11 goals. It is Real Madrid's seventh succesive year in the penultimate round of the competition and Ronaldo meant business when he pulled on his white jersey tonight.
There is another leg to play and with Ronaldo in such fine goalscoring form, you might be looking at another couple yet.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped