Kylian Mbappe should stay at Monaco for another season before looking to secure a move to one of European football's giants, according to former France and Monaco star Ludovic Giuly.
It has been a breakout campaign for 18-year-old forward Mbappe, who has hit the headlines with a run of 18 goals in 18 games to help Monaco close in on the Ligue 1 title and reach the Champions League semi-finals. The French side host Juventus in the first leg today, Wednesday.
Real Madrid, Barcelona keen on Mbappé
The France international has understandably been linked with a move to the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United at the end of the season.
However, Giuly thinks he should spend another campaign at Stade Louis II and only think about departing if he produces the same statistics.
Mbappe scores goals, is fast and has good vision
He told Omnisport: "For me, Mbappe is in the process of hatching. He has all the qualities to become a very great player. He scores goals, he is fast, he has good vision. He must stay another year in Monaco to see if everything is going well, if he can grow up.
"From there, if he has the same stats and the same game as this year, he can go where he wants and he will be a great player."
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped