Mbappe to consult Deschamps over future amid Madrid links
As rumours continue to build over a Real Madrid move for Kylian Mbappe, the Monaco teenager will consult with France coach Didier Deschamps.
Kylian Mbappe will listen to the advice of France coach Didier Deschamps on his future as speculation Real Madrid could move for the Monaco teenager continues.
Mbappe is on international duty ahead of June fixtures against Paraguay, Sweden and England after he hit 15 league goals to fire Monaco to the Ligue 1 title.
May 30, 2017
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane has urged Mbappe to join him at the Santiago Bernabeu but Mbappe insisted he was focusing on France as he clarified earlier comments about Zinedine Zidane, who he described as his first football idol.
"I dreamed of Zidane the player, not the coach," Mbappe said. "Zidane the player made me dream and still makes me dream when I watch videos of him. "The coach is completely different, he is a great coach who has quickly achieved results and continues to develop.
"The advice of [Deschamps] counts. That will not guide my choice, but it will count. I do not think I will go to his office to ask. But there's plenty of time to think about all this. There are important matches for France."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In