Real Madrid Champions League final news: Ramos, Bale, Cristiano
With the big day in Cardiff just days away, AS English brings you a daily round-up of the goings-on as Juve prepare to play Real Madrid.
The clock continues to tick down to Cardiff on June 3 with Juventus aiming for their third European Cup haul whilst Real Madrid hope to find room in their bulging trophy cabinet for a 12th European Cup, Here's a brief look at the latest news affecting the men from the Bernabeu.
The Real Madrid captain was one of the key figures in the club's Open Media Day held yesterday at Valdebebas. Ramos was in buoyant and confident ahead of Saturday's final. He later posted a video of this fine cheeky flick goal that he bagged during training. Not bad for a defender !
Gareth Bale also spoke to the global media in attendance at the training centre and was frank in his views surrounding his fitness confirming that he was not 100% fit but was very keen to play a role in the final in his native Cardiff.
Isco tops the poll
In an AS.com online poll, 91% of the participants voted for in-form Isco to start over the Welsh international. Zinedine Zidane stated that he has his mind made up of his starting XI for the Cardiff showpiece and even Bale acknowledged that he would be ready to do a job from the bench.
Emmanuel Santos bust #2
After the fall-out from his Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira airport bust, the Portuguese sculptor was commissioned by betting outlet Paddy Power to produce a Gareth Bale bust which is now on show in the Welsh capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy