Cheick Tioté's final WhatsApp conversation shared on Twitter
Yusuf Abubakar spoke with the player on the morning of his tragic death and shared that conversation after hearing the news from ex-teammate, Demba Ba.
Cheick Tioté collapsed and died during a training session in China on Monday. He reportedly suffered a sudden cardiac arrest while training with his current club Beijing Enterprises, at just 30 years of age, and one of his final conversations with friends has been shared on social media.
Tragic news of Tioté death
One of his Newcastle ex-teammates, Demba Ba, sent out a simple tweet on hearing the sad news:
On the back of this message, Besiktas striker and friend of Tioté, responded asking if it was really true as he had been in touch with him earlier in the day:
Is this true because I spoke to him today ? This morning demba https://t.co/5fhrYunNmJ— Yusuf Abubakar Tumi (@YusufTAbubakar) 5 de junio de 2017
And shortly after that realisation, Abubakar shared that WhatsApp chat between the two of them which took place just eight hours before he passed away.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool