The Antoine Griezmann saga is over. Atlético Madrid have concluded a deal with the France forward that sees him extend his contract with Los Rojiblancos until 2022.
Griezmann to receive big pay-packet increase
As was initially revealed by AS earlier in June, Griezmann has decided to accept the club's offer of renewed terms, which are to bring him a considerable pay rise.
The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a transfer away from Atlético, but told an interview on French TV a week ago that it would be a "dirty move" to leave in the wake of the Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision to uphold a transfer ban that prevents the LaLiga side from registering new signings this summer.
Griezmann's previous contract extended by a year
Griezmann's new Atlético agreement sees him add a further year to the contract that he penned with Los Colchoneros in June 2016.
The former Real Sociedad ace has been at Atleti since July 2014, scoring a total of 83 goals for the club in 160 appearances in all competitions.
'Le Petit Prince' follows team-mate Jorge Resurrección 'Koke', who put pen to paper on a new, long-term deal in May, in committing to Atlético Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?