The Antoine Griezmann saga is over. Atlético Madrid have concluded a deal with the France forward that sees him extend his contract with Los Rojiblancos until 2022.
Griezmann to receive big pay-packet increase
As was initially revealed by AS earlier in June, Griezmann has decided to accept the club's offer of renewed terms, which are to bring him a considerable pay rise.
The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a transfer away from Atlético, but told an interview on French TV a week ago that it would be a "dirty move" to leave in the wake of the Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision to uphold a transfer ban that prevents the LaLiga side from registering new signings this summer.
Griezmann's previous contract extended by a year
Griezmann's new Atlético agreement sees him add a further year to the contract that he penned with Los Colchoneros in June 2016.
The former Real Sociedad ace has been at Atleti since July 2014, scoring a total of 83 goals for the club in 160 appearances in all competitions.
'Le Petit Prince' follows team-mate Jorge Resurrección 'Koke', who put pen to paper on a new, long-term deal in May, in committing to Atlético Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?