Atlético Madrid have tied up contract extension agreements with Koke and Antoine Griezmann and have now turned their attention to Fernando Torres.
The forward is expected to put pen to paper on a one-year extension to his current deal in the coming days, the basics having been agreed between the player and the club with just a few minor details to hammer out. But nothing that will prevent the boyhood Atlético fan turning out for the side when they inaugurate their new Wanda Metropolitano stadium for the 2017-18 campaign.
Simeone green light for Torres extension
Diego Simeone has given the board the green light to sign Torres up for another year, with a series of conditions written into the forward’s rolling contract having been met: number of games played, goals scored etc.
Torres has received succulent offers to play abroad with Mexican Liga MX side Querétaro offering the former Liverpool, Milan and Chelsea striker 12 million euros a season. Besiktas, Cruz Azul and Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng, coached by former Atlético manager Gregorio Manzano, had also expressed an interest but Torres has always maintained that he wants to remain at Atlético. In the next few days he’ll get his wish, for another season at least.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente