Zak Brown, the Executive Director of McLaren Technology Group, held court with the written press at the recent Canada Grand Prix.
Brown rejects Alonso tension
His most interesting comments surrounded the relationship between his star driver, Fernando Alonso, and the team.
Brown was unequivocal in denying that a sour atmosphere exists between McLaren and the Spaniard.
"There’s zero tension between Fernando Alonso and McLaren, the relationship has never been healthier. We’re frustrated together.”
McLaren will need a competetive car
Brown understands that it will be difficult to retain the services of Alonso given the current state of affairs at McLaren.
“We’ve been clear that we want him to stay and he’s been clear he wants to stay but we need a better race car so that’s what our attention is on."
"I think it will be purely dependent upon does he think we’re going to have a competitive race car next year,” he continued, “He wants to race at the front of the field, and I get that.”
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game