LaLiga chief: "I'm sure Cristiano is innocent"
Javier Tebas was under no illusions about the recent accusations of tax fraud involving the Madrid striker: "From what I've read, I'm sure that no crime has been committed," he said.
The LaLiga president, Javier Tebas, reiterated his strong belief that Cristiano Ronaldo is innocent in the accusations by Spanish prosecutors that he defrauded Spain's Tax Authorities of 14.7 million euros.
"I'm positive Cristiano is innocent"
Javier Tebas spoke to Spanish TV channel La Sexta during the LaLiga Promises tournament, played in Villarreal (Castellón). "Knowing those around him, and how professional they are, I'm positive that Cristiano is innocent. We live at a time when any news about Spain's Tax Office means everyone is a fraudster. I'm sure he's innocent. From what I've read, I'm sure he hasn't committed any crime," he said.
"It would be a massive loss"
The LaLiga chief also assessed the potential impact of Cristiano's exit. "You can't measure it, but it would be huge, and more so on the international growth of La Liga. It would be a massive loss for us; an irreparable loss," he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises