According to Cadena SER radio, Juventus and Real Madrid have opened talks in to negotiate the transfer of Danilo to the Italian club.
Juventus looking for replacement for Dani Alves
Juve recently confirmed that Dani Alves will not continue with Allegri's team next season which means they will be left understaffed at right-back. They contacted Real Madrid to enquire about Danilo's situation and were told that the Brazilian is for sale - at the right price. Tha player's agents haven't denied it, but say that there is no formal offer on the table as yet.
Danilo's arrival would change Juventus' plans quite significantly; once Alves leaves, they will only only have one place available for a non-EU registered player. The operation to bring Bayern Munich's Douglas Costa to Turin has been put on the back burner due to the German club's economic demands. For now, Juve's priority is filling the vacancy at right-back and Danilo is the best-placed to do so, although Manchester United's Matteo Darmian is another option.
Spanish radio programme El Larguero report that Real Madrid would ask for a fee of around 30 million euros for Danilo, who cost the club 31.5 million two seasons ago as the first arrival of the Rafa Benítez era. Juventus prefer to take the defender on loan for a season and retain an option to buy him outright from June 2018.
Danilo, who has made a total of 56 appearances for Madrid, has no intentions of leaving and discussed the matter with Zinedine Zidane a few weeks ago. But Juventus' arrival on the scene could change things - in Italy he would increase his chances of becoming a first team starter, a situation which looks unlikely while he is constantly being eclipsed by Dani Carvajal at Real Madrid.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms