Espanyol fans malcontent with new stripe-less shirt
The 2017/18 season playing kits manufactured by Spanish brand Joma were unveiled this morning and have been poorly received by the Espanyol faithful.
Earlier this morning RCD Espanyol along with technical supplier Joma unveiled the 2017/18 plating kit moving a step away from the traditional blue and white striped shirt synonymous with the Barcelona based club over the years.
It was't long before the fans responded on social media with mixed comments (the majority negative) about the new kit. Comments varied from “It looks like an Oviedo or Getafe shirt" complained some to, "the €69.99 price is what you'll pay us to wear this?" Those who were more favourable about the breakaway in tradition looked for a more positive angle stating "The shirt is different, just in the way we are as a club".
Joma stated that the shirt pays tribute to the club's main colours and points to subtle details such as the addition of the Catalan flag or the Espanyol budgie motif.
The away shirt is a dark navy colour whilst the third shirt for the new campaign is an eye-catching yellow and green striped affair.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth