Fernando "El Niño" Torres to stay with Atleti through to 2018
The LaLiga club confirmed a season extension to his contract which now expires on June 30, 2018. Torres affirmed that he was "delighted to remain with the club"Europa League Final 2018: Marseille vs Atlético Madrid live
Atletico Madrid have confirmed that Fernando "El Niño" Torres has extended his current deal with the club for one additional season. The striker will now officially remain an Atleti player through to June 30, 2018. "I'm extremely pleased to continue for another season" affirmed the 33 year old.
There is an open option in the extension to extend even further the deal if both sides feel is appropriate at the conclusion of the 2017/18 LaLiga campaign with it being unlikely at this point that Torres would play anywhere else other than the club he's been part of since the age of 11.
Fernando Torres is the only Atleti striker who will be part of the first day of pre-season training tomorrow at the Majadahonda base with Griezmann incorporating at a later date and Kevin Gameiro recovering from his recent operation.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers