LaLiga chief, Tebas, not shocked by Villar anti-corruption arrest
LaLiga president, Javier Tebas, was seen as one of Villar's main 'enemies' and, although saying little, is not surpriseed with today's arrests.
The president of LaLiga, Javier Tebas, did not want to enter into discussion about Tuesday morning's arrest of the Spanish Football Federation's president, Angel María Villar. Instead he simply pointed those asking the questions to look at what he has been saying for the last decade.
"I'll not say anything. I have spent 10 years saying what I thought, you only have to open the newspaper archives," was all he would offer to the Europa Press.
Tebas and Villar 'enemies'
Since taking over the presidency of LaLiga in April 2013, Tebas was a self-proclaimed 'enemy' of Villar and has had a long-running feud with him. He once referred to his counterpart as a feudal baron.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders