Mascherano: "Neymar is the future of Barça"
The Argentine defender spoke about his team-mate to ESPN, and amid PSG interest, reasoned that everyone has to take their own decisions.
Neymar is 'the future of Barcelona'
“He is very young and I hope that he’ll be at Barcelona for a long time. He is a very important player for the team, he is the future of the club,” Mascherano said.
According to reports in France, Neymar has already told his Barcelona team-mates that he will leave the club for Paris Saint-Germain, and the former-Liverpool man defended Neymar’s right to make his own choices.
“He is used to the pressure and people talking about him. There will always be news and rumours around him, and it’s difficult to advise him. Firstly because who am I to do that, and secondly because I see him as being happy here, at the club that has allowed him to reach his highest level. But beyond that, everyone has to take their own decisions.”
Bartomeu and Neymar meet
Neymar met the president of Barcelona, Josep María Bartomeu, in New Jersey on Friday. According to AS sources, he informed the president of his intention to leave the club.
Recommended in English
- NFL Have the Cincinnati Bengals ever won the Super Bowl?
- NFL How much do NFL players get for playing the conference finals?
- NFL How did the Cincinnati Bengals get their name? Origin and meaning
- TRANSFER MARKET Who are Arsenal targeting after losing out on Vlahovic to Juventus?
- WORLD CUP 2022 Which teams have qualified for the 2022 World Cup?
- REAL MADRID How long is Karim Benzema going to be out of action for?